Tavex is pleased to present a European classic, the eminent French 20 franc Napoleon III gold coin. With a rich history of more than 600 years, the 20 franc gold coin recalls France’s former eminence as one of the great powers of the 19th and 20th centuries.
Standardised and authorised by Napoleon Bonaparte himself, the 20 franc is France’s most treasured and sought-after gold coin. Displaying perfect uniformity and accuracy for over a century, the French 20 francs facilitated world trade and became the basis for Europe’s first monetary union. With more than 500 million pieces minted since the 1800s, they are today one of the most liquid and widely recognised classic gold coins available on the European bullion market.
Representing an era of French industrial, cultural and social advancement, the 20 franc Napoleon III gold coin comes in an affordable weight, making it appropriate as a collector’s item, a gift, or a tangible gold investment.
- 20 franc Napoleon III gold coins are distinguished French coins. The 20 franc gold piece is France’s most famous coin and likewise one of the most best -known gold coins in Europe.
- 20 franc Napoleon III gold coins are money. French 20 franc gold coins are exempt from Value Added Tax, and as such are exchangeable throughout Europe by bullion dealers and investors alike.
- 20 franc Napoleon III gold coins are liquid. With more than 500 million pieces minted since the 1800s, French 20 franc gold coins have strong liquidity and a guaranteed market.
- 20 franc Napoleon III gold coins were the foundation of Europe’s first monetary union. The French 20 gold franc was the basis for the Latin Monetary Union, Europe’s first major currency union.
- 20 franc Napoleon III gold coins are an excellent way to diversify your portfolio. Gold’s low correlation with other financial assets makes French 20 franc Napoleon III gold coins serve as a portfolio hedge against market risk.
- 20 franc Napoleon III gold coins are the equivalent of savings. French 20 franc gold coins are an ideal choice for any long-term saver who appreciates the security and stability of owning physical gold coins.